Supporting Elder Abuse Prevention
The mission of the Center of Excellence on Elder Abuse and Neglect is to promote aging with joy and to eliminate aging in fear. We achieve this goal through direct service to clients and the professionals who serve them, and through training, advocacy and research.
What Your Donation Buys
* $25 provides a “Geriatric Pocket Doc” for two social workers
* $50 provides training for one police officer or sheriff deputy on how to investigate cases of elder abuse
* $100 provides outreach to senior citizens on how to protect themselves from mistreatment
* $250 provides a comprehensive forensic medical review of an elder abuse case for the District Attorney
* $500 provides a half-day training for physicians and nurses on elder abuse issues in clinical practice
The Center relies exclusively on grant funding and individual donations.
Donations of any size are welcome and appreciated.
To Donate online by credit card, please click here
To Donate by check: Please make out your check to:
University of California, Irvine – Elder Abuse Prevention
Checks should be mailed to:
UCI – Elder Abuse Prevention
Attn. Susan Lozano, Program in Geriatrics
101 The City Drive South
Bldg 200, Suite 835
Orange, CA 92868-3298
You will receive a letter within 2 weeks, confirming receipt of your gift, so please include your name, address and phone number.
Donations Wish List
Please call us at 714.456.5530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to provide and arrange for shipping of an in-kind donation:
*Space for meetings/trainings (such as a retreat)
*PC and Mac software for graphic design, video editing
*Sponsor free Pocket Doc giveaways for front-line service providers (IHSS, Senior Centers, Meal Delivery)
*Free tv/radio air time for Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
*Free PSAs in newspapers
*Airline miles for presenters and staff to travel to conferences, trainings
*Fast color printer
*Photographer for events
*Sponsors for events
*Lightweight wheelchair for our life-sized teaching mannequin
Thank you for your support of our work to end elder abuse!